Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Weekend Fun in the Sun - Part Two!

It was a little bit cooler on Sunday - though still warm for April.  I decided to buy some herbs from our local garden center & plant them before I needed to get the kids to Guard Up for their sword fighting classes.  While I was out, Phil started work on the RV - removing the anti-freeze from the water lines, cleaning up the fridge (he had a little accident with Dr. Pepper cans back in January/February - did you know that soda expands when it freezes?  Ka-Boom!), & cleaning out the "basement".  Some critter decided to use it as it's bathroom, which was quite disgusting...blech!

After I planted the basil & spearmint, I took the kids to class.  The warm weather inspired me & I went over to Whole Foods & bought a bunch of strawberries & a chocolate angel food cake.  I also got red peppers, summer squash & portobello mushrooms for grilling.  Add hamburger meat, hot dogs & the accompanying rolls & we were all set for a cook out!

After we were all back home, we started cleaning up the back yard, especially around the pool wall.  A ridiculous amount of leaves collected over autumn & winter & now buried the rose bushes & day lilies.  



Using rakes & a leaf blower, we pulled most of the debris out & brought it to the fire pit, where we decided to do this:







We ate dinner & dessert by the fire - as the sun set the temperatures dropped quickly.  It was lovely to drink hot coffee by the fire as the light faded in the sky.  Ahhhhh.....

1 comment:

kelli said...

awww, I miss our fires! Cute picture of you two! And of Shawn! :)