Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, me!

Yesterday, August 18, was my birthday. We had already done some fun things during the weekend, but Monday was the actual day.

When I woke up, there was a beautiful booklet that Kim made for me the night before. She had page after page of artwork - using stamps & stencils & pretty inks - all wishing me love & happiness. Phil also gave me a lovely card that coincidentally matched up perfectly with Kim's handmade cover!

I biked the Minuteman Bikeway from Bedford to Lexington & back - nice 1 hour ride. The weather was just starting to get hot, but the tree-shaded trail protected me from overheating.

My brother called (& it turned out my mom called, but the phone never rang - we heard her message late that night. Screwy Verizon messaging system...) & we had a nice 1/2 hour chat.

I wasn't feeling very hungry or inspired to go out for dinner, but then Kim suggested a lobster (sorry, "lobsta") sandwich from D'Angelos & that suddenly sounded real good! Phil did the hunting & gathering & brought back food for all of us. Afterwards, Phil, Shaun & I went to Kimballs to play minigolf (Shaun & I each got a hole-in-one during the game!) then chowed down on luscious ice cream (Phil & I shared chocolate chocolate truffle - he took the cup & I got the sugar cone - yummy!!)

As the kids & I watched "Saving Grace" very late last night Shaun gave me a special Birthday Massage. Sigh.

It was a great birthday!

No comments: